05: Site Auditor
This screencast video provides an overview the Site Auditor component in our online SEO tools. Sign-up – Login
Text Version (video transcription)
This tutorial will show you how to set-up the ‘Site Auditor’ to monitor your website for broken links and important SEO issues.
- When you first log-in to the SEOrankings member tools, you’ll be taken to your ‘Site Dashboard.’
- From there, you can click on the ‘Site Auditor’ box.
- Or select ‘Site Auditor’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the ‘Settings’ tab in the top right-hand corner.
Now, you can choose your desired scan depth which sets the number of pages to scan for broken links and general optimization issues.
- I usually set it to the maximum number I can for my subscription level.
- Now we’re going to skip to the ‘SEO Factors’ tab.
This is where you choose which general and keyword specific page elements you want to scan for. Let’s leave them all selected.
- Now click on the ‘SEO Analysis’ tab.
Here you can enter specific pages on your site you’d like to optimize for keywords.
- Click ‘Add page.’
- Enter the page or select it from the drop-down menu.
- And give it a page name.
We’ll just do one for now.
- When you’re done, click ‘Save.’
- Enter the keywords you would like to optimize the page for.
- Then click ‘Save.’
The tool will run automatically, but it may take a while depending on how large your site is and your dashboard settings.
- Once the report loads, you can scroll down to view each section.
- If you hover over one of the warning messages and find the question mark next to it, you can view a screen tip that provides additional information.
- Then click the link to get a detailed report.
- You can also view other report types by selecting them from the reports bar near the top.
- Download, print, or email each report by clicking the ‘Export’ tab.
- And scan for current issues, or schedule automatic scanning.
Once you’ve completed setting up the ‘Site Auditor’, a summary report will display on your ‘Site Dashboard’.
Thank you for taking the time to watch this video. Here’s a link to our other tutorials. And If you have any feedback on this video, please leave us a comment on Youtube.
Free SEO eBook
Download our FREE SEO Guide and receive valuable blog updates:
- more ways to connect and subscribe.