03: Backlink Checker
This screencast video provides an overview the Backlink Checker tool in our online SEO tools. Sign-up – Login
Text Version (video transcription)
This tutorial will show you how to set-up the ‘Backlink Checker’ to monitor backlinks to your website.
- When you first log-in to the SEOrankings member tools, you’ll be taken to your ‘Site Dashboard’.
- From there, you can click on the ‘Number of links to website’ box. Or select ‘Backlink Checker’ from the drop down menu.
- Then click on the ‘Settings’ tab in the top right-hand corner.
- Manually enter the pages you want to monitor. Or click the ‘Add pages’ link to select recommended pages.
- On the left menu, click the ‘Search Engines’ tab.
- Here you can select which search engine databases you’d like to use. I typically select both Google and blekko, because Google limits the number of backlinks it reports publicly.
- Then select which report you’d like displayed on your ‘Site Dashboard’. I’ll leave it to Google for this demo.
- Now select the ‘Competitors’ tab.
- Enter any competitor websites you want to monitor.
- Then click ‘Save’.
On the ‘Summary’ report page you’ll find the total number of backlinks to your pages as reported by each search engine.
- You can view additional report types by selecting them from the reports bar near the top.
- Download, print, or email each report by clicking the ‘Export’ tab.
- And scan for current backlinks, or schedule automatic scanning.
Once you’ve completed setting up your ‘Backlink Checker’, a summary of your backlinks will display on your Site Dashboard.
Thank you for taking the time to watch this video. Here’s a link to our other tutorials. And If you have any feedback on this video, please leave us a comment on Youtube.
Free SEO eBook
Download our FREE SEO Guide and receive valuable blog updates:
- more ways to connect and subscribe.